The Joint Committee of the European Supervisory Authorities (EBA, EIOPA, and ESMA – the ESAs) has published its Work Programme for 2024, which includes an outline of the work and planned deliverables for DORA (Digital Operational Resilience) Regulation.
When it comes to DORA the Joint Committee and the ESAs will:
- Increase efforts in the area of the EC’s Digital Finance Package, focusing on delivering the legal mandates, promoting supervisory convergence, and preparing for involvement in the oversight activities related to DORA.
- Deliver DORA-related policy mandates in January and July 2024.
- Finalise the work on the DORA technical standards, report and guidelines to be delivered in 2024.
- Work on various provisions of DORA for which the ESAs will have responsibilities, to be ready for the implementation of the new framework by 2025. These include the EU-wide Oversight Framework of ICT Critical Third-Party Providers (CTPPs), potential cooperation mechanisms (e.g. development of EU systemic cyber incident coordination framework (EU-SCICF)), and promoting supervisory convergence.
- Develop the necessary IT systems, in particular to support the direct DORA oversight tasks.