- Location: UK, London
- Company: Investec
This role is responsible for supporting and assisting the Head of Operational Resilience in implementing and defining the Operational Resilience & Business Continuity Management (BCM) policy and framework within the organization.
The Operational Resilience and Business Continuity Manager is responsible for ensuring the organization’s operational resilience and business continuity capabilities are robust, effective, and aligned with regulatory requirements. This includes developing and implementing policies, procedures, and strategies to manage operational risks, as well as overseeing the development and testing of business continuity plans.
- In response to the Operational Resilience paper published by the Bank of England, PRA and FCA, help facilitate review the important business services of IBP and the corresponding processes, applications and resources required to deliver these services
- Develop and implement policies, procedures, and strategies to manage operational risks and ensure operational resilience and business continuity capabilities are robust and effective.
- Aligning the Business Impact Assessment (BIA) process to the above and facilitate an annual refresh of BIAs
- Implement Business Continuity Plans (BCP) that consider key business disruption scenarios including staff outages, building outages, technology outages and outsourced services outages
- Coordinate the annual refresh of BCPs including overseeing the development and testing of IBSs, business continuity plans, ensuring they are aligned with regulatory requirements and meet the needs of the organisation.
- Liaise with Technology & Technology Resilience to ensure Disaster Recovery Planning and Recovery Time Objectives are aligned to BIAs and key business services
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders across the organisation, including IBS Owners, business units, Digital & Technology, Corporate Workplace & Services, and external partners.
- Conduct regular impact assessments to identify potential risks and vulnerabilities and develop mitigation strategies to address them.
- Develop and deliver training and awareness programs to ensure staff are equipped with the knowledge and skills needed to effectively manage operational risks and respond to disruptions.
- Monitor and report on the organisation’s operational resilience and business continuity capabilities and provide regular updates to senior management and the Board.
- Keep up to date with regulatory requirements and industry best practices related to operational resilience and business continuity, and ensure the organisation is compliant with all relevant regulations (including OCIR).
- Monitor changes in the industry and regulations which IBP need to respond to and ensure IBP takes appropriate action.
- Maintain Crisis Management Plans (CMT) and facilitate regular testing and awareness of the CMT. Develop appropriate communication methods during CMT events.
- Chair the meetings / committees when needed and track actions agreed in the forum
- Produce Management Information packs which highlight key areas of risk or further development for Operational Risk Forum, PACCC and BRCC when required.