- Location: UK, London
- Company: Northern Trust
This is a newly created individual contributor Specialist position within the Risk Management and Compliance Audit team and will be based in London. The successful candidate will report to the Risk Management and Compliance Managing Director, who is based in Dublin, Ireland. The successful candidate will bring proven expertise in Operational Resiliency activities to the Audit Services department and will play a strategic role in the design and execution of the Operational Resiliency universe and related risk-based audit coverage strategy for the Audit Services department.
The candidate will interact and build relationships with senior management across Northern Trust. Additionally, the candidate will utilize their technical expertise in the execution of the related annual audit plan, lead department initiatives, act as a trusted advisor to stakeholders and act as the Audit Services representative in key forums. Given the nature of the role, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to leverage their subject matter knowledge to support the enhancement of operational resiliency activities across Northern Trust.
Leadership and Management:
- Demonstrate excellent communication and leadership to influence a wide range of stakeholders, including risk management and business leadership, regulators, and external auditors
- Demonstrate strong and proactive communication with the Audit Services department to ensure the broader department remains appropriately informed of operational resiliency activity
- Demonstrate strong initiative, project management, interpersonal skills, sound decision-making, intuitive thinking, and sensitivity to cultural diversity
- Develop and deliver training targeted to audit partners across the department to remain connected and informed on operational resiliency activities
- Leverage a strong peer network and tap the industry for knowledge and intelligence to identify leading operational resiliency practices
- Represent Audit Services through active participation in various operational resiliency related organizational and governance committees, task forces, forums etc.
- Ensure appropriate audit coverage of current and emerging risks related to operational resilience
- Contribute through both execution and oversight, to the delivery of a risk-based audit plan that validates Northern Trust’s control environment or identifies developmental opportunities related to Northern Trust policies, global regulations, or industry best practices
- Provide technical input, challenge and execution on planned audit work to drive operational resiliency awareness across the audit department
- Support Audit Services regulatory required validation activities as required through the provision of subject matter expertise input in approach design, execution and reporting
- Lead continuous monitoring efforts to stay informed of changes in Northern Trust and identify current or future risks that should be assessed through the audit plan
- Develop and deliver high impact reporting of audit results, including trend analyses and thematic reporting, for executive leadership, Audit Committee and global regulators in a manner that is clear and easy-to understand.